Thursday, October 14, 2010

Askua Ohsawa Lecture

The work in gouache above is title "Space Invaders (panel #3)," and measures 22 x 30", from this year. It will be part of the exhibition at the Richard Heller Gallery.

I feel as close as I ever do to being a proud parent! One of my former students, Askua Ohsawa is having a solo exhibition of her work at the Richard Heller Gallery, 2525 Michigan Avenue, B-5A, Santa Monica. The opening reception runs from 5 - 7PM on Sat., 10/16, & the show will be up until next month, 11/13. She wrote: " I will be showing one gigantic (approximately 2 feet X 50 feet) gouache-on-paper drawing. It took me 6 months to complete it, and I'm super-excited to see the whole thing put together for the first time." Me too! Asuka received her BFA in Printmaking at CSULB, and while I can't quite exactly recall the year, it seems (as ever) like just a winked moment ago. Where do the days go?

She has let her arm be twisted & has agreed to return to the scene of the crime (CSULB) to speak about her work and career trajectory. This will take place tomorrow, Friday, 10/15/2010, in building FA-4, room 311, at 10:45 AM. I urge you all to come and see her fabulous work (in the form of a slide show/Powerpoint Presentation ), and have the chance to speak to her about it.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could be there for the opening reception, but didn't make it...

    ReplyDelete