Sunday, February 27, 2011

Printmaking, Printmaking and Printmaking



This exhibition (I'm honored to be included in) opens on 3/3/11, from 7 - 9 PM. If you print out the invitation & place it on your dashboard, you can park for free (but only in the Gothard Street lot, right off of McFadden). Perhaps some of you can go to this opening in my stead? Take many photos? I've competing openings on the 3rd and previously committed myself elsewhere - in the words of writer Fay Weldon: "Nothing Happens, and nothing happens, and then everything happens."

At any rate, I'm in happy & good company - owing to my current student Lindsay Buchman (showing her large collagraphs of Manhattan cityscapes), and my former student Annie Stromquist (exhibiting her mixed-media prints - serigraphs, monotypes & etchings). Annie has written a very straight forward book on serigraphy titled: "Simple Screenprinting: Basic Techniques," and currently teaches printmaking at Long Beach City College. She was featured in an exhibition I curated with my Art History 365 class a few years ago titled: "Evaluation Inversion," held in the CSULB Design Gallery. Mistress-of-the-Collagraph (and my friend) Vinita Voogd will be showing her stunning prints (the "Vinita" method) at the Golden West venue. Vinita, along with Professor Darrell Ebert curated the exhibition. I've linked all 3 of them in on this blog, should you wish to peruse their oeuvres further.

The address: Golden West College, 15744 Goldenwest Street, Huntington Beach, CA, 714/895-8772 for further info. Gallery hours run Monday - Friday, 10AM - 2PM, with the gallery being open on Wednesday nights from 6-8PM. The gallery is closed on the weekend, and the exhibition closes on 3/24/2011.

1 comment: